Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bon Voyage, Miss I !

The Hunter is on full blast and the poo is taking flight at my place of employment. Which totally sucks because I like it there. People I have seen--really--as family are either jumping ship, relocating or feeling ambivalent about their employer as a result of being left hanging yet again after several rounds of layoffs a few years ago. There are a few of us who would like to stay but we've also made amends with the fact that things will never be the same again. Tomorrow a former manager of mine, a confidante, friend, big sister and mentor all rolled into one is leaving the company and she's got a great new job. I hope she never looks back. Today she would have gotten the option handed to her---go & stay or go & go. She's leaving on her own terms and tomorrow we're gonna drink a few to the beautiful, intelligent, kind, down-to-earth and very soon-to-be missed Miss I and a few other souls who are getting the package or literally, moving to the desert; then, now and tomorrow.

And to my friend K who is moving to the desert; WTF?

No comments: