Thursday, August 7, 2008

Too good to be true...

To all of you mamas who thought I was so smug about Whoozyerbabysitter. Rubbing her fabulous-ness in your weary faces; I was wrong. And it could have been a very costly mistake. I'm not going to write much about it right here or right now. I don't think it's appropriate. I'm only gonna say this---do not let Whoozyerbabysitter anywhere near your checkbook.

No, you cannot have her phone number. You don't want it. Trust me.

So if you see me looking at you sideways in real life it's because I'm a horrible judge of character and I'm second-guessing my opinion of almost every one I know. Nothing personal, I'm just gullible and I need to replace my mettle detector as hearts of fool's gold trip it.

5 comments:

Erica Kain said...

This adds a whole new irony to the title of your blog, wouldn't you say?

We just had our #2 guy at our company suddenly quit and take a client with him, destroying the contract we had with that client. So we're feeling similarly hosed. But you know? I'd rather trust 99% of people in the world and be surprised when something shitty happens. As long as, you know, I've got my checkbook locked down.

Anonymous said...

rut roh! what happened?

Anonymous said...

d-u-d-e...that is just so incredibly wrong. I guess her openly farting was a sign? I am sorry this happened but glad that it involved your wallet and not Whoozyerbaby. Call me, I want the scoop...and to talk, I miss you! We're heading out to Nevada City around 5pm so if you have a minute before then, call me up. Chin up Chicka!

Nicole Shaputis said...

I am so emotionally exhausted right now. Shaken Mama---I've given a lot of thought to your email today and I have to say---I think you're right. But first I'm gonna ask for a woman to girl chat and ask her to come clean. If she can't it's police report time. Ugh. I hate being in this position. This sucks. And I drank a little with a neighbor tonight to ease the pain, LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you are going through this. I know you really like(d) her.

It will all work out..and I agree 100% with Shaken Mama as well. Maybe it's naive, but it's the way I want to view the world.

Hugs!