Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Whoozyermama's Weighty Issues


Folks; I have been gone a long time. I've been making some major lifestyle adjustments and they've deserved all the attention I can muster. But here I am, back and improved to my blog. I have a lot more to say---and it's not all about Whoozyerkids anymore. You see, I'd been avoiding the camera like the plague. You'll have observed lots of photos of Whoozyerdaddy and Whoozyerkids but at some point I decided that I didn't matter, that no one was looking at me, that, if I dressed my kids in stunning matching Hanna Anderson dresses all eyes would be diverted from yours truly. But that's not how life works.
You see, there's this social networking site called "Facebook". I'm sure you've heard of it. Once you're on there anyone who is your "friend" (And what friend would do this to me, I mean, really? Snort.)can post a picture of you and "tag" it. That means anyone who is your "friend" can see a picture of you that someone ELSE posted. Sure, you can remove the tag but in this day and age you just can't do it fast enough. At least fifty of your "closest" friends (and ex-boyfriends)are gonna see you at that birthday party with a mouth full of guacamole thinking you're invisible in your Lane Bryant ("Women's" aka Fatty McFat)jeans. You see, there's nowhere to hide when you are 5'5 and over 190 lbs. There, I said it. I was 194 lbs. on a good day and a crappy photo (my pride won't let me post it---I still have some pride left)made it's way to Facebook and I decided to look, I mean really LOOK at it. It was time to open my eyes and move my ass.
Since April I have lost over 20 lbs. and have gone down 3 dress sizes. I've adjusted to the changes and I've realized that this tome can be a tool and hopefully an inspiration too. So---this blog isn't just about my family anymore. It's about me and how I'm changing our lives; removing the sugar, pureeing the broccoli and shaking it up in Zumba. Girls, pay attention. Whoozyermama is setting an example so you can grow up without Weighty Issues. Mama loves you, but most important, she loves herself too. At least, enough to drink a green smoothie.


Obligatory Whoozyerbrood photo:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY you!!! I know how hard it is to deal with weight and food issues, and am so proud of your choices. I too am slowly losing, and would love to be your "life change" buddy. I have lost 15 pounds so far, slow and steady...and I'm also adding in some excercise on my Wii. I think you are an inspiration...and you are beautiful!!!